You can’t put a price on safety!
Creating a safe and healthy work environment is a part of Fortress Construction’s dynamic culture. Safety is of primary importance and it exists at all levels, from our company’s basic beliefs to our actions in the field. Fortress Construction will not compromise the health and safety of it’s people. Our employees look out for each other and share in the company’s goal of zero incidents.
As a fast growing company we realize that our greatest asset is our team. Fortress Construction relies on our people and their well developed skill sets, attention for detail and their ability to do their job. Our employees are like family and their safety and well-being is an absolute priority. At the end of the day we all want to go home to our family and loved ones.
Fortress Construction’s innovative safety program includes:
- Safety Observation System- teaching employees to eliminate hazards and dangerous conditions by correcting unsafe behavior through positive coaching
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manuals and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Manuals- a comprehensive system of policies, procedures, guidelines, regulation, code and practices for performing work safely.
- Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR)
- In addition to everyday safety programs and practices, Fortress Construction believes in doing their due diligence in keeping current with (OHS) and on-going education and training with Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA).
If you have a specific question or would like to inquire about any information, please feel free to contact our Safety Officer directly.